Friday 25 September 2009

Blog about blogging

When I first arrived here, I wrote my blog pretty much every day. I was like "Oooh blogging is soooo easy, I'm gonna be able to do a daily blog if I want to!"

And here we are, with my posts averaging probably twice a month.

The problem with blogging you see is that you can come up with nice ideas for blogs or think of interesting stuff to say... but you're not at your computer (or you don't have time to write). Once you get home, the idea isn't fresh in your mind and you're tired from being out all day. Therefore a lot of 'blogs' I create, aren't actually typed out and published. If only we could control blogs with our brainwaves!

A few of my friends on Facebook enjoy reading my rants that I post once every few months (on average anyway, sometimes I'm in a ranting mood and post a few in a month.. other times I'm not pissed off for a long time!). The thing with rants is that I'm often writing as I'm thinking, I'm pretty passionate about the subject and it's actually enjoyable to write. At university this was possible, because I had unlimited free time and a lot of that was spent in front of a computer. Now I'm supposed to be working, nothing exciting is worth blogging about at work.. and when I get home I want to just chill out and watch TV.

So while I'd love to write some more blogs, I can't give a guarantee that it will happen. Being realistic here!

No comments:

Post a Comment